Thursday, February 25, 2010

Raise Your Hand


Will you stand against the rope,
raise your hand and take a vote.
For or against,
the hapless relent,
with consequences greater than you think.
As two of us reside,
the rest of us divide apart -
you laugh as that's impossible.
As that's impossible,
you raise your glass instead,

place the hatchet in my head
and turn.

The very smile that got me here,
the very smile that interfered
with every odd decision made -
well worth the wait as I am caught at last -
I turn to Gold.
And now I am unstoppable,
you laugh as that's impossible.
As that's impossible,
you raise your glass against me.
Against me
again.

Well who am I to represent?
Who am I to upend?
Who am I to overturn?

Now I turn to Gold
and I've become unstoppable.
Your laugh becomes hysterical.
The rope's too close to hold,
but still you won't.  You won't let go.
The Commons' sense a world apart,
it's with a heavy heart
I turn against me.
Against me
again.

I turn to raise my hand.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

nice one son

Ma said...

I love this one Will- brilliant lyrics too! XXX

seldom party said...

I thought I'd cracked it with the parents being unimpressed. I'll be sure to sing about sex, drugs and suicide in the next one.

d said...

......my 2nd fav. by you
i love the way you sing, the emotion feels so real

  © Blogger template por Emporium Digital 2008

Voltar para o TOPO